Monday, 1 July 2013

And, Still Waiting

We've recently received a few notifications from our agency.  As Canadians require more paperwork in order for travel to be approved by CIC, they are now going to charge Canadian families more for their matches.  This is bittersweet.  On one hand, we know there is greater chance that Part II of immigration will be approved by CIC, on the other hand, shouldn't that already be included?

The other notification we've received is that the DRC officials are now approving exit letters again.

The delay in our match is partly based on the delay in exit letters and partly due to the changes in the program for Canadians.

We're continuously told that we're at the front of the line and we should be matched shortly.  It just depends on the next set of children to come in to the orphanage.  When I spoke with the ladies at Alberta Children's Services, they told me that everyone is told they're next in line, regardless of agency or countries for adoption and they wish the agencies would stop telling parents this.  We believe we should be receiving our match within the next couple of months, but we're not entirely sure...

I guess we're just going to have to continue to wait and see...